Friday 26 August 2011

The Restaurant Guide

I've been getting a lot of requests from businesses recently asking for me to review their Cafe, Restaurant or Pub. This increasing level of interest in the site is absolutely great and I welcome anyone that takes the time to read the site to contact me, feedback is vital. As a 'foodie' visiting restaurants and sampling beautiful food is a real hardship as you can imagine, but somebody has to do it! What is this blog post about you're asking? Well I am getting to the point, I promise. I wanted to clarify how I do reviews and what my policy is for including places to eat. I want the site to be seen as a personal recommendation from somebody who knows the area well and knows a good meal when he sees one.

Every restaurant, cafe, pub, hotel, B&B, self catering apartment or business that is related to tourism is welcome to be listed on the site and if I've missed you then let me know! I'll sort it out as soon as I can. I won't ever slate somewhere, won't criticise and harm a business just for the sake of it, that goes against everything I stand for. But on the same level, I only want to highlight places that I really like and would feel confident that somebody going there on my recommendation wouldn't be disappointed. I have started a list of places that have invited me to visit them and I will do my best to get round to them as quickly as I can. I would also like to point out that when I do visit somewhere for a meal it is done without the proprietor knowing in advance. I think I should experience a meal exactly the same way any other customer would, otherwise what would be the point? Impartiality and trust is the key.

Unfortunately life and work gets in the way of doing the things I'd really like to spend my time on, but I'll get round to as many places as is humanly possible. I hope that helps to clarify how I go about my 'reviews', it's more of a recommendation service really. Visit the Eat and Drink section of Your Northumberland Guide's website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment