Friday 2 March 2012

Award-winning Photo from Alnmouth Beach

I was really pleased to be informed yesterday that this photo I took of my dog on Alnmouth beach came third in a National photo competition to find Britain's Next Top Dog that was being run by Welcome Cottages. I've been visiting Alnmouth for as long as I can remember and it is such a special place to me and my family, so I was thrilled to find out that the photo had won a prize.

The photo came about in a really strange way, we were walking along the beach as we had done thousands of times before and Homer just stopped and sat down in a rare monent of calmness. He stared out to sea as if transfixed on something amazingly beautiful that we couldn't see. Perhaps he just stopped to admire the view (and who could blame him!), but it gave me just enough time to snap him in a real moment of serendipity. I can't help but think the location is what sold the judges on the photo, it has to be my favourite beach in Northumberland.... and that's not an easy decision to make!

I look forward to receiving the canvas print that is part of the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment